Travel visa requirements to enter Lithuania
As a member of the European Union and the Schengen Agreement, Lithuania welcomes travellers for short stays. Here’s a concise overview of Lithuania’s visa requirements and application process.
Schengen Visa for Lithuania
Lithuania has been part of the Schengen Area since 2007, allowing travellers to enter with a Schengen visa for up to 90 days within a 6-month period.
Who Needs a Schengen Visa to Enter Lithuania?
You require a Schengen visa if you are from a non-Schengen, third-world country without a visa agreement or if you were previously denied entry to Lithuania or any Schengen country.
Required Documents for a Lithuania Schengen Visa Application
For a Lithuania Schengen visa, you’ll need:
- Completed Lithuanian visa application form.
- Two recent passport photos.
- Valid passport with at least two blank pages, valid for three months beyond your departure date.
- Copies of previous visas if applicable.
- Lithuania Travel Health Insurance (€30,000 coverage).
- Proof of means of transport (e.g., flight itinerary, car registration, or bus/train ticket).
- Proof of accommodation (hotel reservation).
- Proof of sufficient financial means (€40 per day).
- A cover letter explaining your trip’s purpose.
- Proof of civil status (e.g., marriage or birth certificates).
Additional Requirements Based on Employment Status
Additional documents are required based on your employment status, such as employment contracts, bank statements, and income tax returns.
Additional Lithuanian Visa Requirements for Minors
Minors and their parents need to submit birth certificates, signed application forms, and additional documentation if traveling with one parent.
Additional Requirements Based on Purpose of Entry
Your purpose of entry may require additional documents, such as Lithuania Airport Transit Visa, Lithuania Business Visa, Lithuania Study Visa, and more.
How to Apply for a Lithuanian Short-Stay Visa
Follow these steps to apply for a Lithuania short-stay visa:
- Identify your visa type.
- Choose the appropriate application location.
- Fill out the application form.
- Gather required documents.
- Schedule an interview.
- Attend the interview at the Lithuanian Embassy/Consulate/VAC.
Processing Time and Visa Fees
Processing time is typically up to 15 days, with potential extensions. Visa fees vary: €80 for adults, €40 for children under 12, and free for children under 6.
Visa-Free Entry and Extensions
Some citizens enjoy visa-free entry for 90 days, but ensure compliance with the 90/180 Schengen Visa Rule. Visa extensions are possible under exceptional circumstances before your visa expires.
Lithuania can revoke your visa if conditions change or if you fail to meet entry requirements.
In summary, understanding Lithuania’s visa requirements is crucial for a hassle-free visit. Properly preparing your visa application ensures you make the most of your stay in this beautiful European destination.
Get more details on Lithuanian visa: https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/lithuania/visa/
Electronic visa application: https://www.migracija.lt/